Saturday 13 August 2011

Chris's Fan Fiction : The Story Of Polly



An executive women...............  My partner Polly and I have dated for some time now.  However dreams hit hard.  When someone is together with another person they start to know not only the habits of their nature.  But also they know the person almost better than themselves.  They all believe that there is a certain level of telepathy like behaviour between husband and wife.  Usually some people are more in tune of this feature where others aren't.  Not capable?  Not able?  Not interested?  The human mind is a fascinating thing.  But none so other that my own recently.  Polly has bugged me to get married for such a long time.  My friends Jim and Sky are indifferent to the decision.  Friends are a difficult function.  Something told by others you should have, but in some cases not needed.  I for one struggle understanding logic of friends.  Like the butterfly effect one thing said changes the whole ball game.  I tend to stick my foot in my mouth habitually.  An habitual line stepper if you will.  I recently came into this issue not long ago when all these nightmares began.


It started at the bar Rez in my local township where Jim, Sky and I meet.  After leaving, and their worries about my relationship still in my mind I didn't much feel like going home.  Depressed about a death seen on the television with no just cause, a girl approached me with the blondest of hair, firmness of body and of course an attitude of danger, sexually and mentally.  I can remember clarity, relaxation and hot breathe but not much else.............  I awoke the next morning counting the squares on my ceiling also thinking I was quite glad to be home.  I came to looking across my bed seeing a lump which looked like my feather pillow I have had since childhood.  A short breath came from beneath the lump and a golden hair fell from a gap on the side of the sheets.  Sweating I looked under the lump, I felt life stop as it was and a sick sensation invaded every area of my body nothing was safe, I was a deer to oncoming traffic looking down at this half-naked girls body.  I desperately tried to remember if I had done anything to this person, anything that would make me sick to my stomach.  I almost felt I had committed murder stabbing my life relationship with Polly in the grand total of 24hrs.  Amazing figures were just created folks 5 years wiped in 24hrs you do the math.


The worse thing was, part of me was smug about the deviant act committed.  I crept out on my hind legs and left the room to at least get a fix of sugary substances before I traced my steps back.  I put on the white noise of television. Again, another death.  This time similar apparently happening during sleep even to people as young as myself.

"So strange, I hope it isn't contagious"

I opened up my coffee lid comically like a cheesy commercial smelling the grounds before setting myself up.  Before I had any recollection of the awkwardness of leaving the apartment with the strange girl there to have her shower,  I did not even stop to think if she a is a thief or not.  Didn't even register as I had a meeting with Polly.  It was one of those days where everything just seemed unbearable.  People equaled nothing.  Process was abandoned and train of thought lost.  I sat down in the Love is Over Cafe' an almost coincidental name for my situation.  Of course I was thinking of the worse.  I was I going to swallow this hockey puck sized pill that was last night.  My perverted side was trying to think what was kinky about the evening.  But drew a complete blank.  Without noticing Polly had made a noise with her coffee cup and spoon.  I was so out of it I did not even realise she was there.  Cynically she provokes "So how was your dream just then"  I chuckled of course being the obedient type.  Scratching my head thinking of something to say I stuttered out with a shred of confidence.

"So how about those people dying in their sleep Polly?"
"Don't you think it's strange it's only when they sleep."
"I wonder if it's a dream."
"Come to think of it Polly I always die in my dreams or someone is trying to kill me."
"I wish it was around the other way sometimes."

Polly's response was less than anticipated almost abruptly butting in and saying arrogantly

"I do most of the killing in my dreams"
Her smile was a sinister as the Grinch's.  Casually stirring her coffee she states.
"Are you going out tonight?"



The last words seemed to echo as I drifted into day-dream.  Suddenly I felt scared and somehow locked in another world.  I heard the foot steps of others behind me but not regular noises instead clops like a hoof of some sort.  I turned around in the black abyss to find nothing but sheep walking like humans towards a pink and white light.

"Why am I in boxers?"
"Why love hearts?!?!?!?"

Somehow I had no control and felt my body moving closer towards the light where the sheep were going.  One of the sheep looked with its beady red eyes directly at me.  With no expression on its face I could sense him trying to say move on.

Entering the light I then began to examine the seemingly strange but simple world entered, seeing a Qbert like stairway to a golden door SUDDENLY!



YOU SHOULD OF KEPT IT IN YOUR PANTS DARLING!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY ARE YOU AFRAID OF COMMITMENT!!!!!

Shocked I looked down to see a large set of vainly hands almost ghoulish colouring with strangely the most beautiful red finger nails.  Somehow the voice was familiar but this voice had almost a robotic demonic tone.  

"Could this be how the others were killed?"

To be continued................

2 comments:

  1. I can relate with your story! I agree with knowing the other person more than themselves.
    I also like how you introduced a new idea at the end of the story to keep the readers thinking.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro means a lot when someone else enjoys your piece of writing :D I sadly had to cut it all short due to my limit on words which I would definitely improve upon next time round.

    ReplyDelete